Friday, May 27, 2011

Welcome! What you can expect from my blog . . .

When I first started working in a dental office, I was young, vulnerable and a sponge soaking in all the training and continuing education I could get my hands on.  Working for a doctor who expected goals to be met and happy patients, I learned that this can only happen with a systematic approach to patient care.  I brought this systematic approach mindset to the next dental practice I worked for, and it has been evolving for the last 16 years. 
When my office switched to the Dentrix software, I wasn’t satisfied with the limited training I had received: I wanted more, I craved it.  Then, there it was . . . this piece of paper came through the fax machine:  “Dentrix Trainers Wanted” I really didn’t want to be a Dentrix trainer, I just wanted to learn everything I could about the software because I knew it could do more than what I was taught.   When I was sent to train an office for the first time, I experienced my “Ah-ha” moment - this was where I belonged, sharing my knowledge with people who were just like me.  What I bring to this blog is personal experiences, hundreds of hours of reading and studying, and resources that everyone can use today in their practice. 
When I say “everyone” I mean I am going to speak to those of you who are new to dentistry and provide you with some tools to make your daily tasks more streamlined.  I’ll also address those of you who have been working in the dental field for a while and are looking for more advanced, sophisticated skills to help you meet the goals of your practice.
What you can always expect from me is honesty and integrity.  That means I will never assume anything or make stuff up.  If I am talking about a challenging topic or one that requires more information, I will provide links to other sites or include information from other resources.  I might include an interview with someone that I know could bring something to the table.
I know firsthand what a bummer it is when collections are down and your schedule is full of holes, and I have lived the frustration of too many hours spent hunting for misplaced patient information and mishandled recordkeeping.   My goals is for you to come away each week with one or two “pearls” you can take back to your practice and implement as soon as you are done reading. 
I look forward to talking with you in the weeks to come!  And if you have a question or topic you’d like me to cover, please submit a comment and let me know.
Dayna Johnson
email me

No comments:

Post a Comment