Monday, April 22, 2013

There is always learning to be done


Seven years ago when I took the Dentrix Certification course to become a trainer, the only reason I did it was I wanted to learn more about the program. When the training department sent me on my first initial training, I knew that teaching, coaching, and consulting was my calling … but I know that I can’t reach everyone out there. I also know that, even with our team of 120 certified trainers, we can’t reach everyone using Dentrix. Whether you are a new team member using Dentrix for the first time or the office manager who has been with the office your entire career, there is always learning that can be done. This is why I am so excited with the redesign of the Dentrix ResourceCenter and the Learning Plans.

With the redesign, when you log into the Dentrix ResourceCenter, you can select a Learning Plan that fits your common tasks or job functions. You also have access to many other tools such as…

·         The Dentrix Magazine, which contains articles from key opinion leaders in the dental industry, great tips and tricks on how to use Dentrix more efficiently, and feature articles on how to optimize your Dentrix software. As a side note, many of my blog posts have been turned into feature articles in the Dentrix Magazine so look out for them.

·         Webinar Recordings that you can access anytime, anywhere 24/7/365. When my office was transitioning from paper charts to digital charting, my doctor decided to go to Mexico on vacation … so I gave him some homework. He had to log into the Dentrix Resource Center from an Internet café in Cabo and watch three webinars I had selected for him. When he returned to the office, he was very happy that I gave him that homework.

·         Knowledgebase Articles are perfect for when you have a specific question and want to do your own research. I use the Knowledgebase all the time. When I get a question to which I don’t know the answer, I go straight to the Knowledgebase. When I find the answer, I print it out so everyone can reference back to it if needed.

·         Dentrix eNewsletter is filled with great tips and tricks, but it will also give you specialized information for your area, such as seminars or workshops that will be offered in your town.

·         User Guides are available to print if you so choose. Dentrix user guides are now only available as PDFs, but every now and then I come across someone who wants a printed manual.

Check out the Resource Center today! If your office is on a Dentrix support plan, this amazing resource is available at no extra cost. I use it at least a couple times each week. If I can benefit from it, so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment