My sister has run two full marathons and one half-marathon and I have been there as her cheerleader for all three events. During the full marathons, I met her at different mile markers to give her fuel, energy drink, or just a “LET’S GO RAYCH” to motivate her on to a successful finish. What if you had a coach like this in your dental practice to be there for you at different points throughout the month and give you a snapshot of how your month was shaping up, as well as give you some motivational tips to help you on to a successful finish at the end of the month? Well ... you do. This daily motivationally coach is called “The Daily Huddle Report."
In my last blog, I said you had a personal practice management consultant with the Practice Advisor Report because this report will give you footnotes with management tools available in Dentrix to help you reach your goals. The Daily Huddle Report is like your personal trainer. After you have entered in your office goals for production (Office Manager > Analysis > Practice > Setup > Goals), the Daily Huddle Report will give you a day-to-day picture of what happened yesterday, what is scheduled today, and what is left remaining for the month. You can see clearly what needs to happen to meet your production goal for the month.
It is not just limited to production. The Daily Huddle Report gives you a bird’s eye view of five key performance indicators ...
• Production – This first section shows you what was billed out yesterday, what is scheduled today, what you have schedule on your books for the rest of the month, and what your goal is for the month.
• Collection – This next section shows you what was collected yesterday and your monthly collection rate so far for the month.
• Case Acceptance – This breaks it down by day so it will show you what was diagnosed yesterday and what was accepted yesterday, then it gives you a M-T-D total.
• New Patients – Remember new patients in Dentrix are calculated by first visit date so make sure this is accurate on their Family File in order to get accurate numbers here. This section will show you how many new patients you saw yesterday, how many are scheduled today, how many you have had through the month so far, and how many new patients are on the books for the remainder of the month.
• Scheduling – This section will break your schedule down into smaller pieces and show you what the unfilled hours are for the doctors and hygienists. Being able to see at a glance how many unfilled hours you have left in the month can give you an idea of the potential revenue still available to create in the month.
Even if your office does not have a daily huddle meeting each day, this resource can be extremely valuable for your office manager, scheduling coordinator, and doctor. This is what practice management is all about . . .
For more information on the Daily Huddle Report, check out these other blog posts: