- Where do I make all my notes – Parts 1-4 Is your office transitioning from paper charts to electronic health records? Do you feel like everyone in your office makes notes in totally random places in Dentrix and you can never find anything? Do you wish there was more consistency in your office? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, read on for some advice that can help you put your notes in order. Read more . . .
- A Little Known Secret If you are transitioning from paper to paperless, do you find that you are scanning paper all the time? Does the paper pile up in the “to be scanned” box and sit there, just waiting for someone to have free time to take care of it? When I work with offices on their paper storage management, I am surprised by how many offices don’t know about the “Send to Dentrix Document Center” feature. I actually received two e-mails about it this week so I thought I would “shout it out” to all of you. Read more . . .
- Expand your Digital Future I was honored to speak at the AADOM (American Association of Dental Office Managers) annual meeting in Scottsdale over the weekend. For those of you who could not attend, I encourage you to make the trip to next year’s meeting in Orlando, Fla. For more information on AADOM, click here. This year, my topic was “Expand your Digital Future with Dentrix eServices.” In case you missed it, here is a recap. Today’s dental practices are looking for ways to replace their paper records and forms with digital records and electronic communications, streamline their workflow, reduce waste and clutter, increase productivity, and improve profitability. How can Dentrix eServices help you with this? Read more . . .
- New Hightech Postcard For those of you who are still getting to know me, I am a huge supporter and fan of all Dentrix Electronic Services. I use all of the Dentrix eServices in my dental practice and I have helped successfully implement them into my clients’ practices. So when Dentrix announces an upgrade to its eCentral and DX Mobile services, I get excited! Read more . . .
- Where do I make all my notes . . . Clinical parts 1-3 For those of you who read the previous series titled “Where do I make all my notes,” I hope that you have implemented some of the suggestions and have found that your notes are easier to find. I also hope everyone on your team now has a more clear understanding of where to make their notes so the information you want find is easily retrievable. In these next few posts, I will focus on the best places in your Dentrix software to make clinical documentation. This article will give your office some guidelines and recommendations on where to document the clinical information that is critical when treating a patient. Read more . . .
- Become super efficient with templates In my most recent article in DentistryIQ.com, “The three core components when transitioning to electronic health records,” I talked a lot about efficiency and consistency. For all the Dentrix users, I want to give you some help when it comes to building templates, which can be a huge time-saver in your office. Here are some of my favorite template tips. Read more . . .
- Stop all that clicking In my last blog “Become Super Efficient with Templates,” I mentioned how to make your procedure buttons on the patient chart “super-efficient” by attaching a multi-code to a button. Later, I realized that multi-codes are a great template system that can be used all throughout Dentrix for the entire team, not just in the patient chart. I love multi-codes. In fact, at my office, since the system only allows 8 procedure codes within a multi-code, I have some with multi-codes inside of multi-codes where it will treatment plan 12 procedure codes with the click of one button. Read more . . .
- Creating electronic forms . . . how-to video When you are ready to go down the Path to Paperless one of the Dentrix modules you will want to become very familiar with is the Questionnaire Module. This module will turn your ordinary paper forms into electronic forms that can be linked to your website, iPad, tablet or kiosk workstation. This video will take you though a demonstration on how to create a new form. Enjoy! Read more . . .
- A Lifeline to your patient information Doctor, picture this scenario . . . You’ve just teed off on the second hole of your favorite golf course on a beautiful Saturday morning. Shortly after sending the ball 250 yards down the middle, you receive a phone call from the guy you opened up #31 on last week and he is now asking for a refill on his pain med. What would you do? Read more . . .
Dayna loves her work. She has over 25 years of experience in the dental industry, and she’s passionate about building efficient, consistent, and secure practice management systems. Dayna knows that your entire day revolves around your practice management software—the better you learn to use it, the more productive and stress-free your office will be. In 2016, Dayna founded Novonee ™, The Premier Dentrix Community, to help cultivate Dentrix super-users all over the country. Learn more from Dayna at www.novonee.com and contact Dayna at email@example.com.