The month end process does several things in your system:
- It puts transactions from the previous month into history. This means you will no longer be able to edit or delete a completed transaction, payment or adjustment.
- All your clinical notes for the month are locked up. So if you have not signed your clinical notes they will get locked up anyway for security purposes.
- If an insurance plans benefit year starts over this month the maximum used will be reset to 0.
Then, there are some optional things the month end process can accomplish:
- You can purge old appointments from your schedule. This is a good idea after a couple years. I would recommend keeping about 2-3 years worth the data on your appointment book.
- If you are using the month end wizard you can send billing statements, run certain reports and post finance charges.
- Also during the month end wizard you can post future due payment plans and assess late fees to your payment agreements.
CLICK HERE for reports to run
CLICK HERE for more about year end
DOCTORS CLICK HERE to see what reports you need to be watching
I am looking forward to a great 2015!
Dayna loves her work. She has over 25 years of experience in the dental industry, and she’s passionate about building efficient, consistent, and secure practice management systems. Dayna knows that your entire day revolves around your practice management software—the better you learn to use it, the more productive and stress-free your office will be. In 2016, Dayna founded Novonee ™, The Premier Dentrix Community, to help cultivate Dentrix super-users all over the country. Learn more from Dayna at www.novonee.com and contact Dayna at email@example.com.