What do you do if a patient tells you about his or her secondary coverage after you have already sent out the primary or after you have already received payment from the primary? How do you create a claim to send when you don’t have the “Create Secondary” tab highlighted to generate a secondary claim? I have had several answers.
- “I delete the claim and recreate it so I can send it to the secondary.”
- “I print a copy of the primary and use white out to write over the primary information and then send it in the mail.”
- “I print a blank ADA claim form and write all the information by hand so I can send it in the mail.”
All of these solutions are very creative and will probably get you paid … but what if you could create the secondary in Dentrix with the click of a button? The solution is simple (as long as the claim is not in history).
- Add the secondary insurance on the patient’s Family File.
- Go to the patient’s ledger and open up the claim by double clicking on it.
- Double click in the top box of the claim where it has the carrier and subscriber information. This will open a new window.
- At the bottom of this window, you will have a box to check “Update Secondary Insurance.” Put a check mark here and you will now be able to click on the tab to Create Secondary Claim.
Dayna loves her work. She has over 25 years of experience in the dental industry, and she’s passionate about building efficient, consistent, and secure practice management systems. Dayna knows that your entire day revolves around your practice management software—the better you learn to use it, the more productive and stress-free your office will be. In 2016, Dayna founded Novonee ™, The Premier Dentrix Community, to help cultivate Dentrix super-users all over the country. Learn more from Dayna at www.novonee.com and contact Dayna at firstname.lastname@example.org.