Dentrix is by far the most comprehensive and feature-rich practice management software in the industry and this is why it is the leading software for dentists. However, when a keystroke or menu maneuver helps you do something better, faster and easier, it is HUGE.
Here are some of the top “Ah-Ha” moments I have seen over my career as a certified Dentrix trainer.
- Printing the full day of Route Slips or sorting them. When I walk into an office and I see in the Batch Processor 30-60 single Route Slips being printed, I know this office does not know how to print out the whole day at one time. There are two ways to accomplish this . . .
- Office manager > Reports > Lists > Daily Appointment List > check mark Patient Route Slips and send to the Batch. From this menu, you can also sort by provider or operatory.
- You can also print the Route Slips within the Daily Huddle Report.
- Filter the Office Journal. If you have been reading my blog, you know how much I love the office journal and I recommend all teams use it for admin communication with patients. However, I find that a lot of offices refuse to use it because it takes so long to load. Good news! You can filter your office journal so it will load less information and speed it up. Open the office journal and click on View and then Filters. Here you can select only the information you want to list in your view and you can select a starting date so it doesn’t look back to the beginning of time.
- Lock your computer with a CTRL + ALT + DEL and select LOCK COMPUTER when you leave your workstation. This way, you do not have to close down all your Dentrix windows to secure your computer.
Let me know what some of your “Ah-Ha” moments are. I would love to hear your stories and quick tips to share. You can comment on this post or email me directly.
Dayna loves her work. She has over 25 years of experience in the dental industry, and she’s passionate about building efficient, consistent, and secure practice management systems. Dayna knows that your entire day revolves around your practice management software—the better you learn to use it, the more productive and stress-free your office will be. In 2016, Dayna founded Novonee ™, The Premier Dentrix Community, to help cultivate Dentrix super-users all over the country. Learn more from Dayna at www.novonee.com and contact Dayna at email@example.com.