By now, you may have been receiving notifications that the Dentrix G6.6 update is available and ready for download. This is an important update because there are a few requirements that you all need to be aware of.
Before I talk about all the cool stuff, I want to bring you up to speed on the requirements so you can be informed before you click “yes” to download.
- Dentrix Passwords Required for All Users - In the first half of 2018, Dentrix will begin requiring passwords for all users with minimum complexity requirements. In anticipation of that release, please prepare today by ensuring your passwords are enabled and that all users have appropriate access to the various areas of Dentrix. You can also start using the new complexity requirements now that include (1) a minimum of eight characters and (2) at least one uppercase and one lowercase alpha character, at least one numeric character, and at least one special character (e.g. #@$*).
- New Operating System Requirements Coming - Effective with the release of Dentrix G6.6 — and for future, planned Dentrix versions — the following minimum operating systems will be supported:
§ Windows Server 2016
§ Windows Server 2012 Standard/Datacenter (R1/R2)
§ Windows Server 2008 Standard/Enterprise/Datacenter (R2 SP1)
§ Windows 10
§ Windows 8.1 Professional/Enterprise
§ Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (SP1)
Now, let’s talk new feature updates.
- The Month End Wizard is being re-branded as the Month End Task Scheduler. Probably the best part of this feature upgrade is . . . . You are no longer required to close all Dentrix modules to run month end! I know, right? Super awesome!
- You can schedule daily, weekly and monthly tasks and reports to run automatically for you. This is amazing because if you have read my Best Practices Series for Daily, Weekly and Monthly, you will be able to set up your Task Scheduler to run many of these reports automatically.
- There is now a new Appointment List Manager. The ASAP, Pinboard, Unscheduled List and Appointment List have been combined into one list that is searchable. In additional to this you will be able to send out a text message to groups of people directly from this Appointment List in order to help you fill last minute openings.
- Your Active Patient Base is about to be more accurate. Many of you post a broken appointment fee on the ledger or other "fake" codes for administrative things and in turn this has always updated the patients last visit date which skews your Active Patient Base numbers. In G6.6 you will be able to post a procedure on the ledger without it updating the LVD. I say "Whoo Hoo"
- And my absolute favorite . . . more new features and updates to the Questionnaire module.
· There are many, many more new features as well. However, the ones listed above were some of my favorites.
Reach out to your local trainer for special pricing on Dentrix G6 training for your team. If you don’t know who your local trainer is, I can find out for you. Just email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dayna loves her work. She has over 25 years of experience in the dental industry, and she’s passionate about building efficient, consistent, and secure practice management systems. Dayna knows that your entire day revolves around your practice management software—the better you learn to use it, the more productive and stress-free your office will be. In 2016, Dayna founded Novonee ™, The Premier Dentrix Community, to help cultivate Dentrix super-users all over the country. Learn more from Dayna at www.novonee.com and contact Dayna at email@example.com.